Monday, February 28, 2011

Tomorrow is the day

I purchased the canvas panels for my 31 day project this past weekend at Memphis Art Center.  I posted yesterday that I am open to suggestions for a title of this project.  (and still....I am open for suggestions...to quote Carrie "I got nuthin") None the less. Tomorrow the project begins.  I am committed to a couple of things....1. Doing this EVERY day. Even if I don't complete a piece before work each morning, and I realize this might just happen-depending on how early I get up (and on another note. At 5:00 this morning the rain was pounding the tin roof on our house in gushes-my head wanted to get up and start the day..but my heart-my heart wanted to time the gushes-my heart wanted to listen and find a pattern to the tap-scratch-SCRATCH---of that tree limb on the bedroom window- "My heart........yawwwwnn...wa-anntted.....to...ummm...enjoy...the perfect ambient air temperature of our bedroom...I.....should...get...up.....yyaaawwwnnn....." I will get up...as soon as this pattern changes...as ....as soon as the rain....zzzzzzzz HOLY CRAP!!! It's 7:00!!!!! I'm awake! I'm awake!!!!" My heart won out and I did NOT get up as planned...so...let's hope for no rain in the morning) As I was saying depending on how early I get started in the mornings I may or may not complete a painting each day. But I WILL paint each day.
2. and I am struggling with this one..... I am TRYING to let my mind just decide what to paint at the time I start painting. So if you have asked for a specific date- I will try to explain better.  You are requesting the DATE for a sentimental reason- I may or may not be able to paint something specific as it pertains to your loved one on THAT date.  So...I will give you an out- If you do not want the painting from the date you requested you are under no obligation to purchase it.  NO hard feelings and NO pressure.  There! I feel better! 
3. I am charging $10.00 per painting
4. Here are the dates already requested.
3rd-Penny, 7th-Lisa, 14th and 17th-Shaundra, 18th Michelle, 25th Lacey Howe
5. In an effort to let go of my artistic ramblings, trying not to "save" anything up for March-I had to get a few things "out" over the weekend. One thing was this pig-peering over a short stack of pan cakes. The other was a pack of crayons-the third was a family of birds-there was an owl couple on a branch and a country church...I make a confession...Sketching these things DID NOT cure my desire to paint them in March. I am pretty sure I will fail at the whole-letting my mind just decide at the moment exercise...but I am committed to the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment