Thursday, July 28, 2011

Boot Camp Info-Short form

So if you aren't into reading my ramblings and you clicked here b/c you just want info about this crazy Boot Camp thing I did. And will be starting again in September. And welcome-NO...CHALLENGE YOU to try with me...then here is the short form.

 The facts.

Boot Camp is:  Instructor Led-group exercise. Very challenging. The BIGGEST HARDEST workout I have ever done. ever. And THE MOST REWARDING workout I have ever done. It's outside-even in the heat. Even in the wet with due piles of grass. (only inside when rain is falling). Apx. 42-45 minutes long. 3 to 5 times per week. Motivating. Encouraging. Challenging. B2TW. AWESOME. Hard as Heck! Early in the morning! at 6:00 AM.  Conducive to building friendships. Good for your soul.

What we did in boot camp:  Moderate to high intensity interval training. Some days tons of abs and core mixed with running thru an obstacle course. Some days more push ups and sit ups than I can count mixed with more lunges and squats and 20 second sprints than I can count. Some days we used resistance bands for muscle toning and the curb in a parking lot for character building. :) Some days we split into teams and worked as groups, other times we had a partner while still others it was every man for himself. We were never alone tho-that's one of the best things about it-"safety in numbers" right? All for one and one for all. No one was ever yelled at for giving 100% but falling short of the prescribed reps. Ever. All words spoken were encouraging and challenging and motivating and hi-fives and fist bumps were given freely at the end of every workout. 

What it did for me physically: And this is the part people start off wanting to know :) Me too so it's cool.
Start, mid way and finish we took a PT Test-  pushing ourselves to do as many of the following exercises in one minute. Then completing as many laps as we could run,walk or crawl in 10 minutes.  I have figured my progress percentages and listed this information below:

Push ups- In regulation style "man" push ups  I increased by 20%.
               In modified style "girl" push ups I DECREASED by 22%  *note, I believe in the first test I had improper form so I was banging them out like blue blazes. However, I learned proper form thru this experience and wow! are push ups difficult when using the correct method. 

Sit ups- Increased by 25%
Triceps dips-Increased by 100%  (not kidding-seriously did twice as many in the last test.
Squats-Increased by 36%
Cardio-strength (the 10 minute run) Increased by 29.72%

Weight lost-42 lbs.
Inches lost- HERE'S THE KICKER. I DO NOT KNOW! Because I didn't think to measure and it might be a good idea to do-for future reference. :)
Inches grown taller- HAHAHA just kidding-Boot Camp won't make you taller- but it will make you smile more! Or at least it did me.

*I will say this about the weight lost. 1. I have a significant amount to lose. 2. I was faithful to the workout. Every time. I missed 1 class in the entire series and was on vacation or would not have missed that one. and I did visit another gym that day so...just saying the more you put in the more you get out. Not in ANY WAY bragging or anything like that- I hate to even give a number-but I believe in boot camp and I want others to know it can help them achieve new goals. and finally this is REALLY REALLY important. 3. I track the food I eat.I am not militant about what to eat-but I am very aware of the number of calories I eat every day. even on weekends.  I have an occasional splurge-and by splurge I mean ICE CREAM. I like to be in charge of what I eat, and I eat as local and whole (real-like grown in the ground or raised on a farm)  foods as I can afford.  I limit processed foods. I do not eat ANYTHING FRIED. EVER.

Please Please Please PAH-LEASE!!! don't leave comments to me personally on here. I'm proud of my self and all that jazz but really-I am only leaving the comments open if anyone wants to know about joining us in Boot Camp or something like that.  Seriously tho, comments like "we're proud of you" etc. are appreciated but they kinda make my skin feel tingly and hot in a bad way so...just don't. thank you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Do you know the days of the September bootcamp? Also, do you know if they will allow nonmembers to pay to do it (if the days work out for me)? You totally burst my bubble on the comment I had been planning to write....so I will just email it lol. Thanks for all the info on bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez...well, you are motivating me to do another bootcamp class. i wish i could find one here in nashville that didn't cost an arm and a leg. even the YMCA ones are expensive! the cheapest ones are $150-$175 a month!!! i've been thinking about doing my own bootcamp workouts a few mornings a week once we move because we will have a big grassy area across from our new house (middle school track area). i love the accountability of a big class and instructor, though!

    ReplyDelete