Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Project "The Biz"


Fact.  I sketch something or somethings every day.  Fact. I have a whole box of unused/unusable business cards. Fact.  When I am officially sketching out an idea for a commissioned work I normally do so in a book. But my day to day sketches...well they are on various sticky notes or the back of a used envelope or on the side of a document I should have already sent through in house mail to another department etc.  Fact. upon completion of some paintings I go back and wish I had left said painting as a sketch. I don't know what that's about but sometimes I like the unfinished and rough version all smeared and imperfect better than the neatly colored in the lines picture I sell or post. Just some randomness from inside the steel trap. You are totally welcome!
So...
I am going to start posting a series of mini sketches that may or may not become actual paintings. I plan to call this series of one-gazillion sketches on the back of business cards,  (okay maybe there are only 200 unused cards in the box but it certainly seems like more than that)..."The Biz" in honor of my college roomie.

If you see a sketch you might like to have for your very own in either larger scale or just painted in miniature-let a art girl know!


No comments:

Post a Comment