Monday, April 1, 2013

"She's So Fly"

 A Note from Gina- "April 1 is my daughter's 15th bday. She loves butterflies and loves her small group at church. The painting you did yesterday with the butterflies and angel reminded me of her personality (social butterfly and very joyous)."



The 31 day project is now complete-and yet the daily painting continues!!! How much fun is that? As I was trying to fall asleep last night I was thinking about the painting projects and how much fun it has been.  I thought about the fact that I enjoy painting and creating so much yet I have to make myself commit to a project or else somehow my art gets pushed to the back of the stack of things to do. It's silly I know but it's true.  Also, I realize I get so much from the opportunity to create something and write about it, and often times express my point of view or speak a word of encouragement to a fellow human via the blog post-yet another reason I SHOULD make this a priority. I'm going to try. I'm going to try not to wait two years to do another painting a day type project. I am going to try to set some time out every few days to create something and write about it. And I am going to TRY not to freak myself out if either of these things doesn't happen. (that's the big one) So...from the bottom of my silly artsy heart, I say a very sincere THANK YOU! To each of you who read the blog and share the blog and check out my work and participate in my projects. Thank you!
Now... A few matters of business- 1. If you purchased a date in March and have not paid-feel free to go ahead and do so via debit or credit card using the "purchase" button on the home page of my blog. 2. The 31 Day Project 2.0 Art Show will be held on April 27th  at 441 East Chester Street in the most awesome old building down town here in Jackson- I will send and post an actual invite soon. I invite you to go ahead and save the date or at least a few minutes that evening! Thanks!  And now, on with today's post...

For Gina's daughter on her 15th birthday.  "She's So Fly"  It was a while back but I remember being 15. I was a sophomore in high school, I could not wait to turn 16 and I was in love with Elvis Presley. (And yes, I thought Memphis, TN was on the other side of the world. No joke I had yet to imagine what my life would be when I left Oktaha, Oklahoma for college, I had no idea what adventures were in store for me but I knew I was ready! I was excited! I was eager to take on the world. My faith was strong, my family loved me, and a few amazing people helped me understand there was nothing I could not do! Life. was. good! 
I wish the same for you on your 15th birthday Shelby. And now a silly fun song just for you! 






No comments:

Post a Comment