Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Comming Soon-To A Crib Near YOU!!!!!

Sweet Caroline!!! This is just a tiny sneak-peak into the new project I started for her last night. The plan is this: A focal point wall where her crib will be centered. The actual wall is painted with dots in various sizes and colors to coordinate with bedding (and I learned last night from the "red hot momma" of sweet Caroline, you don't really NEED all this bedding. "The quilt is a danger to the baby because there is risk of Sudden Infant Death (good to know) likewise that bumper pad is "not recommended" once the child starts wiggling and squirming about for the same reason. So really, all you need is a sheet and if you want a pretty bed ruffle that's okay" All of this information has been taken into account-if TK and I decide to one day TAKE THE PLUNGE. Back to The Plan-so the wall has dots! For the record-I am a "dot kind of girl" I am fond of lady bugs because of their dots, I have no less than THREE different polka dot dress shirts for work (one short sleeve black/white dots one long sleeve silk black/white big dots and a loopy tie thing at the neck, and one long sleeve cotton-purple/white tiny dots and ruffles all down the front-additionally I have a brown and cream dot head band that always draws a compliment and my newest dotted addition-red/cream dotted vans-tennis shoes who's strings are constantly coming untied but I love them anyway) Here's the thing with me and dots--we go WAY back. Imagine with me a simpler time in life. I had a bicycle with neon beads on the spokes, I had my sister's light-bright slightly modified. Instead of patterns I used black construction paper and wrote messages to my family with those tiny lights. A time when I was totally excited to inherit the hand me down record player my family used in the den (u know the one that had a radio,cassett,8-track and turn table-SWEET! and a "phono" button that made a cool popping sound in the 3 foot tall speakers when I pushed it in-Man! I loved that record player-I would listen to Donny Madewell's Jazz trumpet album for hours) I digress. A simpler time- no cell phone, game boy, internet, or cable tv. Just me and my partner in crime Ann-all day-in my room-mom was at work---the short of it is this. I had plain yellow walls at the beginning of the day-but one butter dish lid as a pattern, a stapler opened so it could be used against the wall, and a pack of copy paper later- I HAD DOTS!!! Not little random dots oh no-6 inch systematically placed polka dots from floor to ceiling. Mother and Dad were not happy about the holes and said so in a very passionate manor for what seemed like a very long period of time later that afternoon. I made no apologies-I loved my polka dot walls and besides that no one ever told me NOT to do it. Dots are whimsical (used that word for Shaundra) and they make me happy. They made me happy then-they make me happy now. My hope for sweet Caroline and her family is the finished product will make them happy too!

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! I think it is the same bedding Andrea is getting for baby girl Jones, at least the colors and circles (dots) are the same. I'm loving your art and your blogs - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for dots!...and ladybugs...and a well used "whimsical"! I love the room (and you) and I cant wait to see the rest! Im glad you are having so much fun and I LOVE that you stapled dots to your wall! That is ingenius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad we decided on the dots...I didn't even know about your intense love for them!!! It looks awesome. Caroline's Daddy ...a.k.a. The Listmaker said you made really good dots. Thanks and do you still have the old school stereo??

    ReplyDelete