Friday, January 15, 2010

Sketchy sort of day!

Last night I had the perfect opportunity to finish a major project. I did not seize such opportunity. Rather I cooked dinner, washed dishes, ironed clothes for work, packed clothes for gym, folded warm towels right out of the dryer (ahhh) and watched The Ace Of Cakes on food network. Whew! I do anticipate much productivity this weekend. Work today has been filled with lengthy phone conversations. Which make for easy “doodling” Additionally I’ve had a lot on my mind and I have a long standing habit of “doodling” when in this state. On a side note, the things I doodle may or may not coincide with said telephone conversation. Likewise my “deep thought” doodles may or may not reflect those thoughts.


I will post today’s works in the order they were sketched.



"hmmph" This would just about sum it up.  I began sketching this some time during a "well I know you are not really responsible for this-but" phone call. Now this is a case where the doodle has NOTHING to do with that phone call.  It's just a random doodle of the skirt I wore today and I added my hair and sunglasses (answer to unasked question, one of my favorite things to draw and paint is "flippy hair".  Flipped hair makes me happy and I will normally give any female a flippy hair do. :) 



Happy Birthday Dayo!!!!  Dayo is an artist I met this past summer.  Now I need to explain a couple of things. I will try to be breif.  The moment I met Dayo and looked at her paintings-I started crying. I can't explain it, I just did. Not sobbing sad tears just tears, her art overwhealmed me with emotion.  And she made a very generous donation of "imagine" one of her works to my Kenya Dig It? auction.   That paintnig is posted here. (Go to facebook.com and befriend Dayoart if you would like to see more of her stuff. ) We were instantly friends. I love her very much!  Today is her birthday and she has been on my mind all day.  While on hold with a medical equipment sales rep, I doodled out this cake then added lots of the other stuff.  I did this for Dayo!

You ever try to give up something you love? I have never been a smoker, or drug user, but I am without a doubt a sugar and caffiene addict. I mean HARDCORE addict. I crave sugar- and feel I can not function without caffiene. I make attempts to cut back from time to time to no avail. This would cement the assumption that I am addicted. I have no sense of moderation when it comes to these two things.  I am once again on a quest to "eat clean" and although I have not attempted to kick the coffee/diet pop thing this time, I am doing without sugar and MAN OH MAN---Do I have a Cupcake-Jones!! wow! Obviously-this doodle is a direct reflection of those feelings.
And then there is that sweet Caroline.  That baby's room is the project I need to finish this weekend and I have been thinking and thinking about her.  I ran across a great image during my lunch today-It was done by an artist Karin Taylor.  This is her origianal work   http://www.redbubble.com/people/karin/art/1762778-2-i-love-lollies   Go to her site and check out her talent if you get the chance. She is great!   The black and white sketch is my brain processing what reamins undone on her room and what I hope to accomplish before she arrives in TWO WEEKS!!! HOLY COW!!  I know the Red Hot Momma and The List Maker are so excited!   Have a  sketchy weekend everyone!  



1 comment: