Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rise Above....Big Worm




Couldn't help it, anyone close to my age please at least pretend you get the reference and of you can't bring yourself to do that-I am highly skeptical of/ borderline judge your character.
But the real thing is what is now a butterfly was once a fuzzy worm. Ok-so in the past these soft velvety winged creatures-the things we go after trying to catch as kids, all brightly colored and intricately patterned, watched, sought, studied collected and displayed, were in fact worms. No one really knows what a butterfly is thinking while in that phase between creeper and flyer all snugged up in the cocoon- but I know if it was me I would be thinking something like “man! It’s crowded in here! Who can even change in this thing??? Grumble grumble...struggle struggle” Ladies, have you ever tried to wiggle out of an over your head sports bra or swim suit that’s soaking wet in a two foot stall? Ooohhh…or put on a pair of leggings/jeans or compression tights in a cramped space when your legs are not completely dry and there is no place to sit? I suspect the inside of a cocoon is something like that for a caterpillar as it changes. I searched online and there were no butterfly interviews so I have little but speculation to go on. However, I do know this. No matter how hard it was to change. No matter how cramped the cocoon and uncomfortable and confined and hot and tiresome, once the butterfly grows the wings and limbs and organs needed to survive as a new creature, he will fly!
So Long Big Perm…I mean Big Worm. Time to Rise Above!

Today's post is dedicated to Team Fortis-I'm so proud to be part of your transformation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment