Monday, March 18, 2013

"No Cure"

"To love another person is to see the face of God" Les Miserable

If you follow my blog there is a good chance we know one another on a personal level and I consider you a friend. Therefore the fact that I have no children is common knowledge.  I have very little parental perspective regarding the degree of  love one  has for their own children. I do however know two things with great certainty. 1. My parents love me unconditionally, they love me with the kind of love that "brings tears to their eyes and will crush the strongest of hearts".  A phrase I learned while in Kenya a few years back seems most appropriate: "Hakuna tiba ya aina hii ya upendo"  that is the Swahili phrase meaning "For this kind of love there is no cure".  And 2. I know from a child's perspective that my love is the same for my parents, it will never change, long after they are gone, my heart will be grateful I was loved by them and I had the opportunity to love them in return.  

To my dear life long friend Tish,
I don't even recall a time I did not know you and Rodney. That man sat beside you and played with your hair in church since I was old enough to walk. :)  You have been my "family" since....well...forever I  guess.  I love you! Thank you for being a part of my project!
May today be a day of remembering what a great legacy your mom left.  From her to you and on down now to Duck and Andrea and Butch and even the grand children. What a beautiful life to love!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Amber, from the bottom of my heart, for the beautiful artwork and words! You are so incredibly talented on so many levels and just amaze me every day. I will cherish this piece of art forever as a reminder of my mom's legacy, your incredible talent, your 29th birthday (again) and my being a part of 31 project 2.0!! Now I can't wait for 3.0! (or if there is a date still available in March I just may have to get another!!) I love you sweet Amber!

    ReplyDelete