Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Ode to a lonely Couch"

Not knowing the "Couch to 5K" system would be such a success, the couch assumed
 his people would always be there.

In my mind I hear this "spoken word" poem as performed by the couch. Perhaps that lamp plays the upright base and a small round coffee table (not pictured) plays snare drum...Only the lamp is lit. The couches' voice sounds sort of like Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh. After he finishes his poem he just sits there. Pouting.

Lonely couch. Homely couch. 
No one to hold 
No warmth from the cold
No one's a slouch
I'm becoming a grouch
CURSE YOU 5K!


Tammy- I am as always so proud to be your friend. I was of course thinking of the day three years ago when you started working out. Who knew you would now be a runner? I love you! Thank you for being a part of my project (again).



No comments:

Post a Comment