Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Walking On Sonshine"



I always consider it an honor to paint for another person. True, I find it a little overwhelming...it's that "pleaser middle kid" mentality I believe. But I love it.  I am exceptionally honored to paint for a dear distant friend I proudly consider the "future me".  "Future me", or Kim, as some know her, requested today's painting and expressed her thoughts about the day she gave birth to her second born son.

A message from Kim:  "The day I picked for my painting is March 16.  That's Matt's birthday, but it was also the last day I would be "with child" forever.  That part of my life was complete.  From that day forward I would have all the children I was going to have.and raise to boys that would one day be men.  It was a beautiful spring day and my body had given its last birth...yet another beautiful thing.  I was on a new path, never to look back.  I was completely at peace with all that I had done as a woman; bringing two beautiful souls into this world."

Future Me, I adore your style (duh!) I admire your professional accomplishments and the passion you have for educating children. And when I think of how I might express my own feelings regarding a day like you described, not being the writer you certainly are, and not to oversimplify such a powerful occasion, but the one word that comes to my silly-happy-go-lucky mind is TADAAAAAHHH!

I know you are one proud mom-ma. As well you should be!
Happy Birthday to Matt! and Thank you Kim for being a part of my project! I love you future me!

And just for fun....let's let Katrina and The Waves sing-Shall we?




No comments:

Post a Comment