Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sweet

Teachers: They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a ton, even when you don't know it.


Long ago in an apartment made for three, there were seven girls living for the summer. What a great time we had!!! The fun was constant-the nonsense plenty and only briefly interrupted by the daily task of supervising school age children in summer fun camps. We were sort of teachers for the summer and after classes in the school year.  Some of us did it for money, it was just our job. Miss April however, she was good at it and she actually grew up to become a teacher and a wife and a mother in real life.   Lucky-Lucky kids! 


If all the little raindrops
Were lemon drops and gum drops
Oh, if all the little raindrops
Were lemon drops and gum drops
Oh, what a rain that would be!
Standing outside, with my mouth open wide
Singing..."ah ah ah ah, ah ah ah ah ah ah!"
If all the little raindrops 
Were lemon drops and gum drops 
Oh, what a rain that would be! 

April- You taught me to have fun! (Really, AK? Someone had to TEACH you that?) Uhhh...have you met me? yes! And I will forever and ever be thankful for the summer of G-6 and all the years I have called you my friend since!  Thank you for being a part of my project "sthisthter April" I love you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment