Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 10 "Contagious"






"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."
Winston Churchill

Today's painting was done in honor of my friend Lindsey's Aunt. Lindsey wrote a brief note about her aunt and I asked if I could post it. I have included that in this blog. When Lindsey requested March 10, she described her beloved aunt to me and told me a funny story about her. Lindsey described her big lips and huge smile-always laughing and making others laugh, she was a giving lady who worked as a nurse, she had great joy and it spread to Lindsey and so many others. Lindsey said her aunt was hysterically funny and crazy. She fought a brief battle with cancer, but her legacy continues to live on and even thrive. I just pictured this-bright and smiling "crazy daisy" dancing in the rain...I imagined Lindsey, who is also hysterically funny AND crazy, joining her aunt, celebrating the life she loves and spreading joy to all those who know her.


That's the thing about attitude....good or bad, it's contagious. Thanks for being a part of my project Lindsey!
(Have a super-fantasticorific day my friend!)

A note from Lindsey: 
"Julie DeVersa was a wonderful aunt! She was lively and fun and spunky! Julie was always laughing, smiling, and making you want to do the same. March 10th is Julie's birthday. She passed away after a short battle with cancer. We were devastated to lose Julie, but are so blessed to have her memories that will last forever. Every time I think of Julie, I smile."

No comments:

Post a Comment