Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 17 "Lucky Day For A Lady Bug"



Happy St. Patrick's Day first of all!  But the REAL reason to celebrate today is the birthday of my "look-a-like's" daughter. I feel certain Miley, the first girl after three boys, is the reason Shaundra chose today for her second painting.  At this point, I would like to say Sista also chose the 14th (which is Pi day, as in 3.14) (All my fellow geeks holla!) so...I'm fairly certain she expected a painting having something to do with pie...however, I "put a bird on it". This leads me back to my original train of thought.  I remember when everyone was waiting on Miley's  arrival into this world- I remember what Shaundra was wearing the day she told me "A GIRL! WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!" We were excited indeed! Perhaps being born the first girl after three boys causes one to be extra inclined to all things pink and sweet and prissy and girlie....OR....Perhaps it's that first girl after three boy's momma?  No-matter! Miley's birthday is officially today-but Tuesday night we got the celebration started with true girlie girl flare! We had a tea party! After blueberry tea and sweet treats we changed out of our party clothes and spent some time in the art room. (leaving on the tiara of course, I mean, a girl NEEDS her tiara).  Happy Happy 8th Birthday Miss Miley!





The Ladybug Birthday Party

by Marie Lawrence

The little ladybug woke up
and remembered,it was a most special day-
her little friend's birthday
was today...
Her little abode-a sweet little rose
with crystal droplets of dew,
reflected sunlit petals into a rainbow of hue.
Now she must hurry no time to tarry,
as she made cupcakes vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry-
making a pot of rosehips tea
she spiced it extra carefully...
She then tidied up
picking a fresh bouquet of buttercup,
to place on her table with party favor
for little bugs to savor...

Ribbons were hung and balloons strung
to celebrate such an occasion...
she heard the doorbell ring
the guests had arrived-
oh, what presents they did bring!

Then they all danced to a tune
that the ladybug wrote,
by the light of the silvery moon,
and ended on a most harmonious note
as they all sang "Happy Birthday to you!"



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Sister!!! She is very excited to get her painting. :) It was a great 8th birthday!

    ReplyDelete