Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 20 "Please! Behive!"



I wanted to paint a bee hive for quite a while now-for reasons completely unknown. I will speculate-I like the way the hive is sort of tiered-much like a cake and I have liked drawing cakes since I was in 4th grade. In 4th grade I was home sick from school watching OETA (That's Oklahoma Education Television Association) drifting in and out of Benadryl induced sleep, waiting for Bob Ross to come on and paint some "happy little trees" when this cartoonist guy came on.  He demonstrated step by step how to draw.....people, or clowns or the day I speak of, he taught how to draw stacked boxes and then how make those boxes into any of the following-a building, birthday presents, a wedding cake. It totally got my attention and I spent most of the next three days working on it.  Even though a bee hive isn't EXACTLY the same shape of a tiered cake- it's the only reason I can think of.  So...today, on the date Adrianne chose, I painted one. 

Adrianne my friend, ever since that faithful day at The Old Country Store, you were dressed so appropriately I just knew we would be friends! I am thankful for your friendship and even though I have no idea why you chose today or if you like bumble bees....I have a gut feeling you will find some humor in a momma bee saying "please behive!"

Thank you for being a part of my project- let's go to Starbuckie soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment