Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 31 "Pisa Cake" for Sammie



Well friends- this is it, today marks day 31. I kept my commitment. I painted 31 days in a row. And not "JUST" painted, I created some little painting every day.  It was so much fun. I will admit at about days 14-19 I started to feel (and behave like) a bad kid who needed a nap. That's mostly because I DID need a nap. I was staying up late (TK doesn't start winding down till about midnight most of the time, and since I developed the habit of "fighting sleep" at a very early age-under the assumption I would miss out on something if I went to bed before the others in my house- and you can FO-GET about a nap. Really? Sleep in the middle of the day? People do that?) Anyway- staying up late like normal but getting up at 4:45 am two weeks in a row started to wear me down. But...some adjustments were made- and by "adjustments" I mean, I agreed to go to bed earlier if TK agreed not to do anything fun, or allow anything fun to happen without me. Aside from the fact he watched the newest Karate Kid one night- he kept his word-and I started to get my normal 6 or so hours a night again. Thus...the project continued.  I am overwhelmed by the number of  people who said "I check for your blog every morning right when I wake up" or "I love to see what crazy thing you will paint each day" and for those silly comments, although they were not the driving force behind this project, I am so thankful. The people who participate in a project like this are what make it fun. We have grown by I think (I'd have to go back and look) 12 followers this month. The blog now has 28 followers- WHOO HOOO!! That's exciting to bloggers you know.  Through this month I have been commissioned to create 4 new works on much larger scale-so that's awesome! (More art sold=more orphans helped in my world) AND....I have started to realize my own personal style of art. (I think THAT was the main point of the "paint every day" suggestion to begin with.)  It's been so much fun to blog and paint personal thank you notes to some of my friends and to pay tribute to loved ones passed. Yea, I have had a good experience this month. I tried to remember to say it every day-but sincere appreciation is worth repeating so thank you again to each of you for being a part of my blog.  I can't really say it was a "Pisa Ccake" but I am so glad I did it. As I was cleaning brushes just now-I started to miss it already....hmm... But today was done for my great friend Sammie's birthday (in April) I love you! I wish for you many many more surrounded by those you love and those who love you in return! (In April) And also, if you know anything about Sandra-you should know first off she loves chocolate. I like to think the cake I painted this morning is entirely chocolate. Some layers are filled with chocolate mousse and some have chocolate chips inside the cake batter. Of course it's all chocolate frosting, three different kinds: Milk, dark and white. (and it's calorie free! which is more than I can say for any of the other cakes I have made you dear friend!)    Thank YOU for being a part of my blog. (twice!)


Okay followers. NEW PROJECT!  A Few Details I will post soon! Something BIG!

1 comment:

  1. Im so proud of you! Great job and thanks for giving me something to look forward to every day!

    ReplyDelete