Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 15 "Beware!"



My friend Becky, artist that she is, requested any available date. I first offered to give her a list of the dates available. Then I realized March 15th was open-so I quickly added "Beck Grur" to my calender, knowing today was the perfect date to create something for her.   I feel no need to explain today's work. Clearly it is a picture of a dog driving his own convertible car.   Tim and Becky, my favorite Thespians. I love you!

You would have to know a person who titles their art blog "Art Tu Brute?" is going to have a certain appreciation for Shakespearean works in general and Julius Cesar more specifically. If you are reading this and had no clue that I created the blog for lots of reasons but decided to focus mainly on my love of art because I thought "Art Tu Brute?" was funny-it's okay. I mean it's okay if you are reading and you didn't know WHY I do this silly blog or WHY I chose the name. However, if you had no idea where the "Tu Brute?" came from....well...I have questions for you-serious, serious questions that should perhaps be handled via private inbox message and not publicly on the blog.  Okay...that might have seemed a bit harsh-I tell you what. I won't judge you for having no appreciation of Shakespeare. (You don't have to "get it" you don't even have to like it) But you DO have to be aware of the impact his work has on the world as we know it. Take a deep breath faithful followers of the nonsense, I am not qualified to educate you on the subject. Nor will I try.

I will however utilize my powers of "whim" and craftiness in the art of verbal silliness to work in a pun or two.    "Beware The "Id's" of March" 
When faced with an "Id-er" and we have all been there, I find it's best to just BEWARE!
The "I'd have done it differents" the "I'd have not done that at alls"
The  "I'd not take any chances" or "I'd have made a different calls"
The "I'd tell them so and so."  the "I'd set them straights"
The "I'd a kept my mouth shuts" the "I'd have made them waits"
Waiting,  ready to criticize, and verbalize what they despise, and jeopardize, dreams.
The "I'ds" are lurking, habitually offering the negativity it seems.
Oh friends you must beware, the "Id's of March" may actually be, believe it or not, completely oblivious to the harm in their game.
They are "Helpers" "advise givers" "bless your hearters".  They are "second guess what you think besters" and "Keep them down because they are smarters". Not "haters" or "killers" or "causers of trouble"
But their fires do  burn, and  their cauldrons do bubble just the same.
The advise you did not seek is so freely given from one's heart. So,  be a friend, be a neighbor, share some love, but Beware! "The Id's of March".


Be sweet to people. Be respectful when offering advise. Don't be in a hurry to criticize. Especially those who freely jeopardize their safety to protect yours. *suppose I could have just made that my status today and saved this blog hu?  I think I will do that now.






No comments:

Post a Comment