Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 9 "B-Fly"




You know....- Be cool, be great, be ALL THAT YOU CAN BE! (Do I have to give a link to the US Army here?). I have painted a dragon fly before, it was purchased as a gift for my "look-a-like". I called that one "So Fly"
I like to try to come up with clever names for my art work. How much fun would  it be to work for a major paint company and help name paint colors? (Or OPI and name nail polish OR.....flavors of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.. ) I like a pun, I am prone to nonsense and I tend to have bouts of "clever". Given the appropriate comrades and adequate caffeine I would enjoy that.
Since we are not planning my future career and if I don't finish this blog and get to the office-I may be jeopardizing my current career. I will get to the point. The painting today might be a good representation of not only what I hope for myself, but what I hope for others. We (I say we because I am often the worst about it) sell ourselves short. We play down or even shut out compliments from friends, we sometimes struggle to acknowledge personal accomplishments, we discount professional achievements, but why? So others won't feel badly about themselves? or even worse...so others won't be mad? Nonsense! I am not a "toot your own horn" kinda gal-in fact I frown upon it. But I also frown upon the habit of dumbing yourself down or taking back seat or not working as hard as you can to achieve a goal-for the sake of others. I give this advise. Do your best. Work hard then enjoy the benefit of the labor. Celebrate the successes of others AND your self. Distance yourself from people who choose not to do the same. Accept compliments. (A simple "thank you" will do). Be sweet. Be a great dresser (um..yea, I said it-what I mean is dress in a way that makes you feel great about yourself) Be smart. Be cool. Be as awesome as you are. BE FLY!

 This Poem is by Marianne Williamson, and I feel it best expresses my own thoughts on the subject.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”






No comments:

Post a Comment